Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

I know I don't usually write you letters. I am not really a wish list person, but this year, in honor of my new blog, I have decided to break tradition and send you a letter. So if you are going to bring me something this year, here are some options:

  • I'd really like a set of free weights. Or we can skip the weights and cut straight to the hard body. That would be fine too.
  • I'd love a perpetually clean house. Except sometimes when I've been really uptight about keeping the house clean, I feel guilty about that too--as though I'm not being free spirited and creative enough as a mother. So I guess what I'd really like is a doorbell that magically cleans the house to perfection, including a pleasant and not overpowering fragrance, every time it is pushed. Get the elves on that.
  • You know, I'd really like some new eyebrows. My blonde ill-shaped ones aren't really working out.
  • An embroidery machine. I've always wanted one. Not a cheapy one--the real deal so I can pretend I'm Martha Stewart and give everyone handmade gifts with their names or initials embroidered on them and then they will praise me.
  • I'd like some superpowers. To start I'd like the usual ones, to be able to fly and have super strength. I'd also like the ability to shape shift and move through space and time. And I want to speed read and have a photographic memory.
  • I'd like a free travel pass that gets me and my family on any airline anytime so that I can see the world, visit my loved ones, and have them visit me whenever I wish. Come to think of it--maybe you could just bring me your sleigh. Then I wouldn't have to go through security at the airport.

Thanks Santa. In return I'll be sure to leave you cookies and carrots for the reindeer.

With love,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute letter to Santa from Heather. I remember when I was small I used to write letters to Fairy God Mother. A good way to express your wishes.

    ReplyDelete