Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Days in Seattle

I went outside today to check on my little snow bunnies and almost fell on my face about ten times. The snow is soft and is gently covering a half inch of flat frozen ice. It is treacherous.
I saw one car try to leave our neighborhood this morning. Their tires were spinning and they kept sliding backwards, but finally managed to get out thanks to my across the street neighbor, Leesa, who got out her kitty litter and spread it all over the road to help give them some traction. That's what I love about our new neighborhood, we share things like kitty litter.

Sydney and Cora went sledding for the first time today. I couldn't see Cora's face, but Sydney had a look of pure glee as she slid down the road. Amazingly, the morning didn't end in tears or bruises. Although it did end with Cora claiming she was about to throw up. All good things must come to an end in one way or another.

The snow continues to fall and so I'm hoping that tomorrow will be an equally lazy day. I would like to offer my thanks to everyone who drove their car into a ditch downtown or spun off the highway this morning so that schools and businesses would shut down and we could all feel justified in staying home by the fire. Your sacrifice was well worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a sexy new blog. Watch out, Internets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog already. You can write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we enjoyed watching you guys on the news. Well, not you personally, but all of Seattle.

    ReplyDelete