Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who's There?

My kids have taken to telling knock knock jokes. The funny part is, the jokes they tell are not at all funny. Our entire dinner conversation tonight revolved around knock knock jokes. The kids would tell a "joke," and because they had initiated it with "Knock Knock" we were supposed to laugh. And we did laugh. But not because the jokes were funny, but because they were so un-funny. When we chuckled at how bad the joke was, the girls would laugh and laugh, revelling in their comedic abilities.

Sydney: Knock Knock

Me: Who's there?

Sydney: Boo

Me: Boo Who?

Sydney: Boo in your mashed potatoes! (laughs hysterically)


Cora: Knock Knock

Me: Who's there?

Cora: Boo

Me: Boo Who?

Cora: Boo on you! Get it? Get it?

Me: No.


Maryn: Knock Knock

Me: Who's there?

Maryn: Joke! (huge smile and belly laughs)


I don't know how much longer this is going to go on, but if these jokes don't improve pretty soon, I might have to start teaching my kids dirty jokes so that I actually have something to laugh at. Except that I don't know any dirty jokes. Plus, it's too risky. You never know when kids are going to repeat things that you tell them and I don't want to end up in the principal's office. They might rope me in to joining the PTA as penance.

So please, when I'm not looking, teach my kids some good knock knock jokes to tell at dinner.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Especially Maryn's! Their jokes may not be so great but your comedic timing is perfect. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete