Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Things Kids Say

Matt recently changed jobs. At his previous employer he had a friend named Heather, who he commonly referred to as his "work wife," not only because she has the same name as me, but also because she took care of him at work and gave him Tylenol and cough syrup and advised him on good places to shop and other important things when I wasn't around.

Apparently she also did some journaling for us and kept a record of the funny things that I would send to Matt that the girls would say. I thought I would share.

January 14, 2008
Syd's question when she saw Maryn for the 1st time (M was all wrapped up): "Does she have two legs in there?"

February 11, 2008
Cora: Mommy, if you were going to climb to the moon would you use a rope or a vine?

May 19, 2008
Sydney and the Pinata

"Mom, how do you cut out a pinata?"

"I don't know, Sydney."

"Does Heavenly Father know?"

"Yes, I'm sure He knows. He knows everything."

"Can you ask Him?"

"Sure, I'll ask Him and get right back to you."

"Mom! Just ask Him like this, 'Heavenly Father, how do you cut out a pinata? Can you tell me? Thanks!' Just do that, Mom."

August 29, 2008
Sydney: "Mommy, Daddy's boobies are small and yours are big and mine are small as a baby's."

Cora: "Yeah, and mine are as small as a tiny ant."

September 28, 2008
"Mommy--when I grow up to be a mommy I'm going to have 10 kids and get a Nazim." (Nazim is our architect who is awesome and I would talk about a lot when we were designing our house.)

December 17, 2008
Cora: "It's snowing again!"

Sydney: (with her finger in the air) "That's very thought-provoking, Cora."

No comments:

Post a Comment