Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moldy Teeth

On the way to dance class tonight I got quite an education. I had volunteered to drive Allison (our 7-year-old across the street neighbor) to class since her mom was stuck at work and I was headed that way anyway. It proved to be quite an informative ride.

She started telling me about her moldy tooth. I had never previously heard of a moldy tooth. I googled "moldy teeth" to find out if this is a common problem and I didn't find much information, but who is to say that Allison doesn't indeed have a moldy tooth? It could be that she is afflicted with a very rare condition.

Well, apparently the problem with moldy teeth is that the Tooth Fairy will not accept them. You see, when the Tooth Fairy takes your baby teeth, she takes them up to Heaven where they are then redistributed to babies before they come down to earth. So the teeth have to be clean to be suitable for redistribution. She told me you can read all about it on the Tooth Fairy's website.

I checked and the Tooth Fairy does indeed have a website: http://www.toothfairyland.com/. It is very magical. Although, I didn't find anything about moldy teeth there either, or about teeth being redistributed to babies, but maybe I didn't look closely enough.

In any case, Allison is highly distressed about her moldy tooth and what is going to become of it when it finally falls out since obviously the Tooth Fairy can't take it away. And now I am perplexed about it too and am up late at night googling "moldy teeth."

Just as Allison was finishing educating me about the Tooth Fairy, we happened to pass a car accident. She then started telling me about when she was in a car accident and the air bag went off and hit her in the face and she got a bruised jaw because of the impact. She told me how her neck now hurts most of the time.

But just as we arrived at the dance studio she remembered that it wasn't actually her that was in the accident. It was her cousin who also has red hair and looks just like her. So she doesn't have a permanently injured neck after all, her cousin does, she just forgot for a minute.

It's easy to forget things like that, especially when you have a moldy tooth to worry about.

2 comments:

  1. As Sydney would say: "That's very thought-provoking." I hope someday to sit in a room and listen to a conversation between Cora, Allison and Sydney about pinatas, tooth fairies and whether you should use a rope or a vine to climb to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what happens to crowns. Tyler has three of them. I better check the tooth fairies website. Uncle Keith showed us a website that tracked Santa's location on Christmas Eve. Tyler thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete